Yesterday, during the church service, our pastor spent our time together listing the top ten ways God has been at work in our church and our community. It was a refreshing opportunity to reflect on the past year, and it has inspired my blog post for this evening. I would like to share with you the evidence of God’s presence in our lives this year (in no particular order). Feel free to comment any ways that God has been active with you or yours!
10. I left the school where I was teaching for the last 2 years, and while it was hard to say goodbye to my amazing friends, I know it was for the best.
9. My new school is amazingly supportive and is helping me become a better educator every day.
8. In addition to the professional development from my new school, Brian and I have also made some amazing friends here as well!
7. This year, our first niece was born and she has grown into an amazing almost 1 year old, and Jennifer is a wonderful mother!
6. 2018 was also the year I watched my best friend celebrate her 1 year anniversary of sobriety. And even though I know it hasn’t been easy for her, her testimony of God’s influence is one that inspires me every day. Here’s to many more years, Brooke!
5. Also this year, my dad went through some pretty scary health issues. With prayer, good doctors, and amazing support from friends and family, he hot through it, and was able to walk me down the aisle for my wedding in October. While he isn’t 100% yet, we continue to pray for God’s hand in his life.
4. This was a huge year for our spiritual growth as a couple as well. First of all, we were baptized together in March and it was a great experience to openly confess our love of Jesus.
3. Also, we have continued our activity in church community groups. The Monday night group that I go to with Brooke, and the Thursday night group the I go to with Brian have both given us the spaces to explore and ask questions about our faith and we have made some fantastic friendships because of these groups.
2. Brian and I are very excited that this year we began working with Awana ministries together as well. It warms my heart to spend time with my husband and be an adult in the kids’ lives who can help them explore and grow in their faith.
1. Lastly, we got married this year! We’ve been together for 8 years now, but I can say that these last few months of married life have been the most amazing months of our entitled relationship. We have grown together and learned to lean on God together when times are tough. I am blessed to have Brian as the leader of our home.
This is a very short list of the things God has done for us in 2018, but it’s nice to think back on it all now as we wait for the new year to roll in. Wherever you are tonight, and whatever you’re doing, I hope you take some time to think of the good things that this has brought, even if it seems small. God bless you and your family as we leave a time of reflection and head into a time of renewal ❤️